If I could choose one candy to eat for the rest of my life, it would for sure be Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Pair that with a peanut butter cookie? I'm yours. I saw these last year over on I Heart Naptime and made then right away. Well I made them again today, and they are delish. One thing the recipe doesn't mention though...wait a minute or a few before putting the peanut butter heart on the cookie. I had quite a few hearts melt the first time I made these.
Reese's Peanut Butter Valentine Cookies
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar for rolling dough in
- 1 package reese's peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir peanut butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in the eggs, then stir in the baking soda, salt, and vanilla. Place 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and then roll into sugar. Place the balls 2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Place reese's peanut butter cup on top of the cookies after you remove them from the oven.